To improve Taiwan’s competitiveness in the global fight for talent, The Executive Yuan approved the “Contact Taiwan” program presented by the National Development Council on September 8 2015.
Due to globalization and the development of the knowledge economy, attracting international talent is a crucial competitive advantage. In recent years, Taiwan has faced increased competition for talent which has made it hard for companies to attract top talent.
Starting from 2015, the working population in Taiwan will decline by an average of 180,000 people per year making the need to recruit and retain more foreigners a national necessity.
To attract and retain outstanding executive talent to help Taiwan’s economy transform and become more innovative and thus boost domestic employment, Premier Mao instructed the creation of the Executive Yuan Talent Competiveness Strategy Promotion Group.
They have four main strategies to attracting global talent:
- Establishing a talent recruitment joint service center called Contact Taiwan
- Establishing an integrated overseas talent recruitment network
- Raising Taiwan’s talent competitiveness conditions
- Building a friendly environment for retaining talent
Contact Taiwan was established on August 7 this year. Case managers will provide global talent matching employment services, help newly arrived employees with pre-arrival assessment, entry application and introduction to life in Taiwan.
The Contact Taiwan website which will go live in December, will provide interactive matching services to attract global talent and provide life and work problem advice.
The Ministry of Economic Affairs has selected 10 areas to concentrate recruiting:
- Industry 4.0
- Smarter systems integrated applications including: Big data/ Internet of Things/ cloud services
- Renewable energy
- 5G & forward-looking communication technology
- High-level manufacturing equipment
- Advanced electronic parts and components manufacturing (including IC design and semiconductors)
- Product and user experience design
- Creative forward-looking research and development
- Global financial services.
The Contact Taiwan Center has visited companies in various key industries to learn who they need to recruit and what salaries and benefits they can be provide.
How to apply
The Contact Taiwan case managers are working under the umbrella of the Invest Taiwan organization. So if you are a Taiwanese company looking to recruit foreigners or if you are a foreigner looking for a job in Taiwan, call them at